Lead Pharma develops innovative small-molecule therapies for patients with autoimmune disease or cancer. Lead Pharma is headquartered at Pivot Park, the biopharmaceutical life sciences campus in Oss, the Netherlands. Lead Pharma has fully equipped labs for all stages of drug discovery, including medicinal chemistry, cellular pharmacology, and molecular pharmacology, as well as an in-silico lab for computational chemistry, bioinformatics, and data mining activities. Lead Pharma works with a select network of specialized contract research organizations to whom we outsource in vivo pharmacology and toxicology studies.
Lead Pharma has a qualified team of 30 employees, including 10 with a PhD degree, who have long-term experience working in large pharmaceutical companies, biotech companies and academia.
The Molecular Pharmacology group of Lead Pharma, located at the Pivot Park in Oss, The Netherlands, is looking to recruit a skilled and enthusiastic
Scientist Crystallography (full time)
Position in the organization
The Scientist will report to the Group Leader Cellular Pharmacology & Molecular Pharmacology.
This role covers the entire scope of protein X-ray crystallography, including molecular biology, protein expression and purification, protein crystal growth, operation of the in-house X-ray diffractometer to collect data sets, and determination of protein:ligand structures to support small molecule drug development.
- Initiate, execute, manage, and be co-responsible for protein X-ray crystallography;
- Act as a subject matter expert for protein X-ray crystallography, molecular biology, and protein sciences, supporting colleagues with experimental design when needed;
- Implement protein:ligand structural information to guide in-house drug development within drug discovery project teams;
- Contribute actively to and liaise with technology and project teams.
Key requirements are:
- A Ph.D. in protein X-ray crystallography, structural biology, biophysical chemistry, or a related field;
- More than 3 years’ experience in protein X-ray crystallography in academia or in industry;
- Direct experience with gene to structure projects;
- A good team player who is able to work effectively with others within a multidisciplinary environment;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English;
- Effective organization skills;
- Proactive mindset.
The following working experience will give you an advantage:
- Experience in determining protein:ligand structures to guide small molecule compound design or understand protein function.
- Experience with biophysical methods such as direct binding kinetics.
The role is based in Oss, the Netherlands and the appointed candidate will be expected to spend most of his/her time at this location.
When you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter together with your resume to email@example.com. By sending us your personal details you allow us to process these in our systems conform the GDPR legislation.
Further information can be obtained from the group leader Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology:
Dr. Sanne van Zanten: +31(0)412 782 992.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.