Lead Pharma develops innovative small-molecule therapies for patients with autoimmune disease or cancer. Lead Pharma is headquartered at Pivot Park, the biopharmaceutical life sciences campus in Oss, the Netherlands. Lead Pharma has fully equipped labs for all stages of drug discovery, including medicinal chemistry, cellular pharmacology, and molecular pharmacology, as well as an in-silico lab for computational chemistry, bioinformatics and data mining activities. Lead Pharma works with a select network of specialized contract research organizations to whom they outsource in vivo pharmacology and toxicology studies.
Lead Pharma has a qualified team of 30 employees, including 10 with a PhD degree, who have long-term experience working in large pharmaceutical companies, biotech companies and academia.
The Cellular Pharmacology group of Lead Pharma, located at the Pivot Park in Oss, The Netherlands, is looking to recruit a skilled and enthusiastic
Research Associate I Cellular Pharmacology (full time, 1 year contract)
Position in the organization
The Research Associate will report to the Associate Director Cellular Pharmacology on a day-to-day basis and formally to the Director In vitro Pharmacology.
The Research Associate will be part of the Cellular Pharmacology group. You will contribute to all aspects of cellular pharmacology, from target selection, through cellular and in vivo pharmacology to biomarker identification and translational activities in the therapy areas of immunology and oncology.
- Performing reporter gene assays, proliferation assays, and/or functional cellular assays;
- Interpreting acquired data and report to the Associate Director Cellular Pharmacology on a regular basis;
- Presenting results within the relevant teams;
- Accurately tracking the progress and results of his or her work in an electronic lab notebook;
- Responsible for the ordering of supplies and manage the storage;
- Responsible for the laboratory waste disposal.
We are looking for someone with:
- MLO, BSc or MSc degree in cell biology, pharmacology, tumor biology or a related field;
- Experience with cell culturing, reporter gene assays, proliferation assays, and/or functional cellular assays and strong, practical laboratory skills;
- Highly motivated candidate with a strong commitment to laboratory work;
- A good team player who is able to work effectively with others within a multidisciplinary environment;
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Relevant experience in an industrial setting is an advantage.
The role is based in Oss, the Netherlands and the appointed candidate will be expected to spend the majority of his/her time at this location.
When you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter together with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. By sending us your personal details you allow us to process these in our systems conform the GDPR legislation.
Further information can be obtained from the Director In Vitro Pharmacology: Dr. Sanne van Zanten: +31(0)412 782 999.
acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated