Lead Pharma develops innovative small-molecule therapies for patients with autoimmune disease or cancer. Lead Pharma is headquartered at Pivot Park, the biopharmaceutical life sciences campus in Oss, the Netherlands. Lead Pharma has fully equipped labs for all stages of drug discovery, including medicinal chemistry, cellular pharmacology, and molecular pharmacology, as well as an in-silico lab for computational chemistry, bioinformatics and data mining activities. Lead Pharma works with a select network of specialized contract research organizations to whom they outsource in vivo pharmacology and toxicology studies.
Lead Pharma has a qualified team of 30 employees, including 10 with a PhD degree, who have long-term experience working in large pharmaceutical companies, biotech companies and academia.
The Cellular Pharmacology group of Lead Pharma, located at the Pivot Park in Oss, The Netherlands, is looking to recruit a skilled and enthusiastic
(Senior) Scientist Cellular Pharmacology (full time)
Position in the organization
The (Senior) Scientist will report to the Group Leader Cellular Pharmacology & Molecular Pharmacology.
The Scientist will contribute to all aspects of cellular pharmacology, from target selection, through cellular and in vivo pharmacology to biomarker identification and translational activities.
- Act as a subject matter expert for cell biological methods and technologies, supporting colleagues with
experimental design when needed;
- Initiate, execute and be co-responsible for target identification and validation;
- Contribute to the development of functional cellular assays and execute these assays;
- Contribute to and be co-responsible for translational activities.
Key requirements are:
- A Ph.D. in cell biology, pharmacology, tumor biology or a related field;
- More than 3 years post-doctoral experience in academia or in industry;
- A background in oncology and/or immunology;
- Familiarity or direct experience with developing functional cellular assays in oncology
- A good team player who is able to work effectively with others within a multidisciplinary environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English.
The following working experience will give you an advantage:
- Experience with in vitro and/or in vivo pharmacology within an industrial setting;
- Experience in translational medicine, e.g. biomarker identification and validation;
- Experience with identification and validation of novel targets;
- Relevant experience in drug discovery and preclinical development within a pharma/biotech setting.
The role is based in Oss, the Netherlands and the appointed candidate will be expected to spend the majority of his/her time at this location.
When you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter together with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. By sending us your personal details you allow us to process these in our systems conform the GDPR legislation.
Further information can be obtained from the group leader Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology:
Dr. Sanne van Zanten: +31(0)412 782 999.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.